83 beautiful WordPress themes

When I occasionally browse themes.wordpress.net it strikes me not only how many themes there are, but also how many of them are rather poor. Many of them lack a coherent colour scheme and offer poor usability. Smashing Magazine has gathered 83 of the best WordPress themes available. If you’ve just set op WordPress and are looking for the creme de la creme in WordPress design, this is the place to look. My personal favorite is Suble, but you can’t go wrong with any of these.

Too bad none of my themes made it in there, I guess I’ll have to try harder with future themes…

1. Well that is really too bad because I think your “positive feeling” is one of the best. I am seriously thinking of switching. If only I hadn’t personalized my current theme so much (with calls for plugins etc).

Comment by Julia — February 13, 2007 @ 11:51 am

2. I think many of your themes are just as good or better than some of the 83 from Smashing Magazine . Just keep up the good work and yours will soon be released!

Comment by Softwarebomber — August 26, 2007 @ 6:09 pm

3. Roy,

Great portfolio. I will keep you in mind when people ask for sources of good themes.

Simon

Comment by Simon — September 11, 2011 @ 8:57 pm

Thanks for sharing this with us. I love wordpress but I always have difficulties to find a template I like. THe ones you linked are all great. But, I can’t find “Suble”, am I doing something wron or is it not listed any more?
    (sorry if it’s a stupid question)

Comment by Rafa — February 22, 2012 @ 7:00 pm

• This is quite an old post. Many of the featured themes may be discontinued by now.

Comment by Roy — February 27, 2012 @ 10:02 am

5. Thanks,

Yeah, I realized after I started checking them out a bit and saw some where missing. Thanks very much for your answer!

Comment by Rafa — February 27, 2012 @ 10:11 am