Modified themes

Nikkocity’s modified Positive Feeling theme

One of the things I like about releasing WordPress themes is seeing what people do with them. Some just take out the credit link, other change so much I barely recognize my original work. And that’s a good thing. I try and make my themes easy to modify and do not attach any kind of license (which I know to be stupid, but I haven’t had the time to read up on things like Creative Commons).

Anyway, I liked Nikko City’s version (image above) of my Positive Feeling theme so much I thought I’d share it. They didn’t even change all that much, but seeing my layout used to sell Japanese cooking equipment made my day.

1. I have to admit; I am one of those who took out the credit link and modified the whole appearence of the theme. Nevertheless I linked http://www.roytanck.com under credits….

Right Now I am working on the content of the site; my design portfolio should be online soon… JK

Comment by Jeroen — September 20, 2007 @ 8:34 am

2. Hi Jeroen. Thanks for linking to me in your sidebar. From a SEO standpoint, this is even better for me :)

Comment by Roy — September 20, 2007 @ 2:29 pm

3. Hey Roy, I’m also using a slightly modified version of Tranquility White on my blog. It’s so simple and elegant! Thanks for the great theme.

Comment by quartet4 — September 28, 2007 @ 3:44 pm

4. Roy, just a quick question: what is the maximum width of an image in a post without ruining the lay out? I have multiple pictures to post and before I resize them I would like to have your feedback…. Thank you, J.

Comment by Jeroen — October 11, 2007 @ 12:56 am

5. hi Roy,

I am also a wordpress blogger who used theme of yours.
    I want to say thank you and they are just simply clean and great. (I like simple stuff!)
    I’ve modified a little bit too. (Not like this one you share with us)
    You are welcome to visit and leave some messages.

cheers!

Akira

Comment by Akira — October 11, 2007 @ 2:39 pm

6. ok ok lazy me: 560 pixels width should do the trick.. ;-)

Comment by Jeroen — October 12, 2007 @ 10:35 am