Nabaztag flash movie source files

A few days ago I got a comment asking me whether I would release the source files for my Nabaztag Flash movie I created when I first got my wifi bunny. I couldn’t think of a single reason not to, so here they are…

Nabaztag Flash movie source files.

I’ve not attached any type of license to this. You can use it for whatever you want. Please to note however that:

1. I do not have the time to provide support for this.
  2. You’ll need PHP on your server, and you might need to edit the provided proxy.php file to reflect your server’s settings.
  3. My Nabaztag’s serial number and token are in the code. Please replace them with your rabbit’s details, or your messages will end up being delivered to my bunny. (my rabbit is getting quite fed up with saying things like ‘test message.. 123′ all day long)
  4. The whole thing is written in Actionscript 2. No fancy new AS3 here.
  5. I’d really like it if you let me know when you have your modified movie up and running. I’d love to take a look and see what you’ve done with it

Enjoy!

Roy | August 25, 2008 | English,Flash,Gadgets | Comments (6)
Tags: , , , ,

1. I was very surprised when i’ve read the title of this article second time =)))) Nabaztag(napastak) it is armenian word which means rabbit ))))) did you know ?)))

Comment by nikoTM — January 10, 2009 @ 9:24 am

2. =)

Comment by nikoTM — January 12, 2009 @ 12:15 pm

3. Roy, i love the work.. (and the bunnies)

2 questions.

1. How do you make the tag cloud smaller, like that on the right? If this is a dumb question, I will hit myself with the newspaper in the morning.

2. I have not changed the wp-cumulus version, but it only shows categories and not clouds. Instead I get the “you must flash somebody” message. Any ideas? http://eclecticplanet.org/wordpress/index.php

Thank You!!

David

Comment by David DelMonte — March 10, 2009 @ 5:52 am

4. Hi David. Better get that newspaper ready ;)

1. There are two sets of options. One under ‘appearance->widgets->open up the wp-cumulus widget’ and one under ‘settings->wp cumulus’. One controls the version you can put into a page using the shortcode, the other is used for the widget.

2. On the sidebar you should use the widget (if your sidebar is widgetized). Currently, you have two instances of shortcode version of WP-Cumulus on the home page. That’s not a good idea. The shortcode and the widget can be combined without issues.

Comment by Roy — March 10, 2009 @ 2:49 pm

5. Hi Roy, head hurts.

1. There are two sets of options. Understood.

2. On the sidebar you should use the widget (if your sidebar is widgetized). How do I do that?

3. Did I do that? (MindFuzz). Where do I change it? Your code in my WP plugin install?

4. How do I get rid of this mess(age): “WP Cumulus Flash tag cloud by Roy Tanck requires Flash Player 9 or better.” that shows in my sidebar.

MANY THANKS.

Now moving on to the Flickr widget. Watch me bring down Flickr

Comment by David DelMonte — March 11, 2009 @ 5:29 pm

6. Hi David.

Most themes nowadays support widgets. That means you can place widgets on the sidebar through ‘appearance->widgets’. WP-Cumulus has its own widget that you can add and configure.

From what I can tell, your current theme either doesn’t do widgets, or you have none set up. I assume you added a call to wp_cumulus_insert into your sidebar.php? The problem isn’t just the you can’t have two on one page that way, you also can’t have them be different sizes. When I click a post title on your blog (any put the post with the cloud in it), the cloud in the sidebar is far too big. That is why the widget has separate settings.

The message about needing Flash is because of the two instances. It will go away if you switch to the widget.

I’m working on a new version (1.20) that does let you place two instances on the same page, but even with that it’s better to use the widget.

Comment by Roy — March 11, 2009 @ 7:30 pm