Youtuber 1.4: High quality

Igor A. Melekhine recently sent me a modified version of my Youtuber plugin that adds a ‘high quality’ checkbox to the options page. When checked, Youtuber will attempt to play all videos in the superior MP4 format. Not only will this improve video quality, it’s also the only way to get stereo sound. I’ve incorporated Igor’s changes into a new version, 1.4. Available from your local wordpress.org now.

Thanks Igor, Novastar sounds so much better in high quality.

1. HAHAHHHAHAHH! SECRET Nuclear scientist! hahahahhaha!
    darn I was suppose to join you man!

Btw Like your works here..pretty informative!
    as for google chrome bro! naaah! it doesnt have those addons man! but yea its quite sleek…you know!

anyhow! will come in for a ride again!
    cheers!
    Gulzar

Comment by Gulzar — September 25, 2008 @ 12:02 am

2. Hi,
    Thanks for all the work you do to make our lives simpler, but much to my chagrin it failed and failed, I am a moron and do not know a thing concerning code.
    Thanks again
    Rhoda

Comment by Rhoda Ozen — February 3, 2009 @ 7:54 pm

• @Rhoda: Can you be more specific as to what’s not working?

Comment by Roy — February 3, 2009 @ 8:27 pm

3. Roy, after I updated to version 1.4, I just realized that the video I embedded on my blog is blinking. Any idea why this could happened? You could see the video here.

Comment by Haryo — April 21, 2009 @ 1:41 am

4. Never mind, Roy. After I checked the problem, it seems that the video only blinking when I use Ubuntu operating system. When I use Windows, everything runs very smoothly.

Comment by Haryo — April 22, 2009 @ 12:26 am

5. Roy,

I’m having some problems. Your plugin – and I’ve tried other YouTube plugins as well and they’re experiencing the same issue – doesn’t appear to work with some YouTube IDs. I can get most to work but, just my luck, two I’ve recently tried to embed won’t work…

oatks-1x8U8 and 7Yapo–1OaE

I think the hypens are being made “URL friendly” and are breaking the YouTube parameters.

Any ideas on this one?

Comment by David Artiss — September 21, 2009 @ 5:10 pm

• Hi David. It seems YouTube has started using characters in their IDs that are hard to work with in WordPress. I’ve not yet looked into this, but my guess is that some sort of escaping is required. If we’re lucky, the problem is not with WP filtering out these characters (that would make it really hard to fix). I put this on my to do list.

Comment by Roy — September 22, 2009 @ 9:22 am