Yay, I made another list…

Somebody once told be that whatever you do as a multimedia designer, you should always ‘shine’. By which he meant exposing your work to an audience as much as you can, and enjoying the feedback. That’s why I’m not going to hide it, I love being included in ‘top somethingsomething’ lists. Especially when the other people on said list are people I admire very much.

My blog currently ranks very high on Technorati (#18 on the day of this post), but I think this list is far more relevant. Apparently, I’m the #53 WordPress plugin developer. Largely thanks to WP-Cumulus’ download counter which is well over 50k. Thanks!

1. WP-Cumulus’ really looks super cool. best of luck mate.

Comment by Rahul — January 2, 2009 @ 10:10 am

2. Wowee, I am just a new blogger. wish I could develop the kind of traffic you have. Care to share any tips? :)

Comment by Lisa Lee — January 3, 2009 @ 6:50 pm

3. I also started my blog on persuasive communication several weeks back. Any hints on making it big like yourself?

Check me out if your interested…

Comment by AJ Kumar — January 5, 2009 @ 4:44 am

4. Congratulations!

But I have a simple advice for your Cumulus plugin, you’d better use a “BitmapData.draw” to make the TextField more smooth to be shown – Or else some other language tags could be very ugly with this plugin. I write in English and Chinese both, so I met this issue. :)

Comment by Aw Guo — January 5, 2009 @ 9:48 am

5. @AJ, Lisa: Hmmm… tips on blogging… my guess is that I really have very little to add to the many many posts that have been written on this already. WP-Cumulus has helped tremendously, so writing a widget/gadget/whatever that people can use on their websites is a great way to draw in traffic.

@AW: I’ll look into that. Thanks. Currently, I’m not using bitmaps at all because of all the scaling that’s going on, but I’ll see if there’s something to gain by doing so.

Comment by Roy — January 5, 2009 @ 8:01 pm

6. @Roy Yes, looking forward to your great plugin to go more internationized :)

If you need my help on ActionScript testing or translation, feel free to mail me ;)

Comment by Aw Guo — January 6, 2009 @ 6:58 am

7. An awesome plugin which is by far the most efficient way to display the tags in an unboring manner.

Thanks for making this and gifting us. ;-)

Comment by Team Nirvana — January 8, 2009 @ 6:25 pm

8. Roy, for real, if you ever need a reference or testimonial I will be happy to offer one. I chose your Tranquility theme a few years ago because it was by far the most attractive theme I could find, and I’ve stuck with it because it’s so hackable and stable. You’ve also taken the time to help me troubleshoot theme problems that I created. To top it all off, you’re a great blogger who shows his love of design by blogging enthusiastically about your projects, and I think that’s what matters most of all.

Can’t say I’m a big fan of Cumulus though. It’s cute but as you can see from my modified blog template I’m all about direct links and instant gratification with minimal eye candy. I’m obviously in the minority on this since you’re now ranked at #50 on the plugins list, so you win my congrats just the same!

Comment by Brian — January 12, 2009 @ 6:08 pm

9. I want to thank you too, not just for cumulus but for the detailed documentation. This makes such a big difference. I wish everyone took the time to do this so well. BUT your donate button isn’t working for me so I couldn’t thank you that way. Please fix, send me a link, and you’ll hear back from me.

Comment by DCW — February 21, 2009 @ 8:35 pm

• @DCW: Thanks for noticing. There’s another button on the sidebar, you could try that. Actually, helping me debug this is also a great way of thanking me. Both buttons take me to a PayPal page that looks OK, but I’m the only person who can’t test this.

Comment by Roy — February 21, 2009 @ 9:23 pm