Earlier today, I logged into my web host’s control panel. I noticed that this month’s bandwidth usage was much higher than usual. Traffic to the sites hosted there has been steady, so I started to investigate. I soon found that there were a lot of requests coming in from three unknown domains. I looked at those websites, and found something very peculiar. Something that I think reeks of fraud. Here’s what I found.
Ever since this blog started picking up momentum, I get a lot of email from companies launching new products or features. Most of them aren’t very interesting to me (like iPhone apps when I don’t have an iPhone), solve problems I don’t have or are simply hoping to be the next Twitter. I discard most of them. But sometimes one of these projects actually looks like it’s going to fix an important issue, like with HostMonk.
More HostMonk: hosting reviews without the monkey business